Wednesday 12 February 2014

Sepia Saturday 215 : 15 February 2014


Our theme image this week features a picture postcard view of Jamaica Street, Glasgow (from the National Gallery of Scotland stream on Flickr Commons). I am not expecting people to match the Glasgow theme, or indeed the Jamaica theme, although knowing the resources and imagination of Sepians, I wouldn't be too surprised if some people took up such a challenge. The thing that came to my mind when I first saw the image was the crowds : we always tend to think of crowded streets as being something new, something twenty-first century, but clearly that isn't the case. As always, you can go in whichever direction you want to, simply post a post on or around Saturday 15 February and link to the list below.

But before you run off to catch a horse tram, take a look at our crowded agenda for the weeks to come.


Sepia Saturday 216 - 22 February 2014 : Three men in suits, three men in hats, three men ....


Sepia Saturday 217 - 1 March 2014 : Hopefully we have not had this before : three men hiking up a mountain with a big telescope, one of them being a famous composer. 

There we go. It's time to join the crowds and get your Sepia Saturday posts ready.



26 comments:

ScotSue said...

Braving the traffic - from across the world and across the century - plus a tribute to four leg travel.

Dee said...

Postcards of streetcars from years past...

Dee

Lovely's Blot said...

An old post revisited for this one

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard with a busy street and streetcars too.

Barbara Rogers said...

My busy street is imaginary, but I focus on the life of a man who made a difference in a city once upon a time, and his library still is in operation today.

Wendy said...

We're going to a parade!

Alan Burnett said...

Two busy postcards compared.

Little Nell said...

Two stops in the past for the price of one.

Unknown said...

I like turn of the century street scenes. Compared to today's streets they're often much more lively.

Kristin said...

A busy street in Detroit about 1939 and some happenings I happened upon.

Unknown said...

I will be along in a few more hours but you will see I wandered off the prompt theme...

tony said...

Mill fire in Brighouse,,,a warning to us all!

Rosie said...

I went a little "off track" this week as you will see.

Howard said...

I have a tram as a prominent feature in my post this week, so I am much more on-topic than I usually am.

Mike Brubaker said...

As promised - Part 2.

Joy said...

The crowds gather both north and south of the border with me.

La Nightingail said...

San Francisco then, now, and in between. And now that we've explored city streets, maybe we could be prompted to dig out photos of country roads?

Anonymous said...

Different ways of crowding a street

DougVernX said...

This was too easy. I have tons of trolley postcards. However, none were used. lol

DougVernX said...

This was too easy. I have tons of trolley postcards. However, none were used. lol

JohnF said...

once more into the breach.

21 Wits said...

Ah, another fine theme, as there were so many ways one could go with this, and so little time. What ever do we do?! Just pour a glass of wine and sit back and create, Saturday will,oops arrived right now!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

A charabanc for me on one of my rather sporadic visits to Sepia Saturday.

Joan said...

A rather puny effort, but posted it is.

Caminante said...

I missed Valentine's day, but it reminded me that absence makes the heart grow fonder, which is why I proposed to Little Nell over 39 years ago,leading to this memory of the most exciting and beautiful city I've ever seen. I must take her there.

Alex Daw said...

It's been a while - sorry. And I'm late too...double sorry!